This is a specialised portal on school equity, developed within an Erasmus+ Project, entitled “Supporting Opportunity in Schools: Promoting Educational Equity”. It is structured in different sections:
- The first section, “School Best Practices” , includes a collection of best practice case studies relating to the dimensions of equity identified by the aforementioned Erasmus+ project. Drawing from effective practice across the participating institutions and schools, the case studies include examples such as how schools tackle disadvantage, support Roma and refugee students, address early drop-out and consider bullying and gender issues.
- The second section, “Bibliography”, presents a review of the literature considered in relation to equity and draws on participating institutions’ expertise and experience in this area. This provides the theoretical framework of the project.
- The third section, “Articles”, includes the papers that the participants in this project have written on the topic of school equity.
- The fourth section, “School Equity in Europe”, links to several presentations about how different European countries tackle school equity.
- The fifth section, “YouTube Channel” includes video testimonials related to the best practices described in the first section and other recorded materials on equity.