Policy Lessons from Around the World
OECD Report, (2014)
- Chapter 1 Charting a way towards equity and Excellence.
- Chapter 2 Developing high-quality teachers for the schools with the greatest need.
- Chapter 3 Achieving equity in increasingly Devolved Education Systems.
- Chapter 4 Creating learning environments that address the needs of all children.
- Chapter 5 Building an equitable, excellent and Inclusive Education System Excellence in education without equity risks leading to large economic and social disparities; equity in education at the expense of quality is a meaningless aspiration. The most advanced education systems now set ambitious goals for all students, focusing on both excellence and equity. They also equip their teachers with the pedagogic skills that have been proven effective and with enough autonomy so that teachers can use their own creativity in determining the content and instruction they provide to their individual students.