Educational Opportunity for All: Overcoming Inequality throughout the Life Course,
OECD Report, (2017)
Equitable learning opportunities need to be made available throughout life. In the early years, investment needs to be made in ensuring good early childhood education for all, but the imperative is even more acute for children from disadvantaged backgrounds. Family and community-based support and programmes can also be helpful. For students, targeted support is necessary for low performers from disadvantaged backgrounds and disadvantaged schools.
- 1. Overview: Towards equitable learning opportunities throughout life
- 2. Accumulation of disadvantages over the life course
- 3. Start by investing in education
- 4. Support low performers and disadvantaged schools
- 5. Consequences of failed interventions in early years